We are all thankful for being moms but sometimes we just need to write it down to remind ourselves of all the good there is to it.
There are multiple times in a day where we as moms sit and think about how stressed we are and how much stuff we never get to. We focus on why some other mom made the perfect pinterest lunch for her kid and you barely got in a corn dog and some fruit. We focus on how tired we are by the end of the day and how we are so behind in work. We stress ourselves out when our kid gets sick and we have to stay home from work. I do this ALL the time.
Today I wanted to take the time to really think about why I am thankful for motherhood. Take a minute to read these through as it will remind you what a kick ass mom you are and give you some time to forget about all the not so fun stress.
- I get to come home and prepare food and eat with a family. As many times as I complain about having to make dinner for everyone or making myself think I am not cooking healthy enough, I get to sit down with all 3 of my boys on a table with a warm cooked meal and hear about their days.
- I get to work at a place I love. I get to work with people I love, for something that I love doing while still holding my family together. I am not forced to work, I have the option not to but I want to. I get the opportunity to make myself better not only personally but also in my career while providing for my family.
- I get unlimited hugs and kisses that truly come from the heart. It’s not a “make sure you kiss your aunt bye” kind of kiss where the kid is forced to do it, I get kisses and hugs that make me feel like the best mom in the world.
- I have the opportunity to make 2 little boys into caring loving people. To raise 2 people to make good choices and give back so they can teach others to do so. I get to make a difference with the people I love.
- I get to have kick ass mommy friends. I am beyond lucky to have so many moms that make a positive difference in my life! They support, they love, they don’t judge, they laugh and best of all they drink wine with me. Without entering motherhood I never would have met these people and I can’t imagine my life without them.
- I get to share my experience with a wonderful husband. We get to work together to guide 2 little boys in all aspects of life, the good and the bad.
- I get to learn from innocent little people. Yes I have to raise them but they constantly teach me to stay present and to pay attention to the now and not what I need to get done for the rest of the week.
- I get to be a “soccer mom.” Some mommas may not want to be one but I really enjoy it. Watching my kids play in their games make me miss my days of playing sports! Getting to see how they improve from the beginning to the end of the season and seeing that smile when they score…PRICELESS!
- Thankful that I have motivation to live a healthy lifestyle. Getting an opportunity to show my kids to stay healthy by exercising, eating healthy, getting sleep (okay I don’t get much of that…so I take that back)
- Most of all I get to feel the proud mommy moments! When my kids excel in school or choose to help someone on their own or just be on great behavior for a day…I get to experience that happiness in my heart and that feeling is indescribable. Not only does that make you feel proud of who you are but proud of your kids!