No products in the cart.
Sweet and Spicy Healthy Tofu Salad
So I am not a vegetarian nor a big Tofu fan but I made this really yummy sweet and spicy healthy tofu salad that opened up my taste buds for tofu. It’s really easy and very healthy for you. You can have it as a side to a bowl of soup, Healthy Shitake Mushroom Soup Recipe which is what I did, or just eat it as your meal.
|Sweet and Spicy Healthy Tofu Salad|
- 3 tablespoon sweet and spicy chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon small grated organic fresh ginger root
- 2 cloves organic small grated garlic
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoon organic light sodium soy sauce
- 1.5 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 (16 ounce) package extra-firm organic tofu, drained and diced
- 1/2 cup organic snow peas, trimmed
- 2 small grated organic carrot
- 1/2 cup finely shredded organic red cabbage
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- 1.5 tablespoons of toasted sesame seeds
- Mix the chili sauce, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, and sesame oil in a bowl.
- Add in tofu to the chili sauce mixture and let it marinate for about 2 hours
- Boil snow peas for 1 to 2 minutes in a pot then place in a bowl of cold water
- On medium/high cook the carrots, peas and cabbage for about 5 minutes
- Add in the tofu mixture and toss cook for another 7 minutes
- Garnish the salad with peanuts and toasted sesame seeds and serve
Place the tofu in a plate and lay something heavy on top for about 30 minutes to drain all the water out