No products in the cart.
low sodium qunioa black bean burger recipe
Growing up I NEVER read labels on food or watched how much sodium or calories I ate. I ate anything I wanted to and thought nothing of it. Well 20 years later I see so many adults and kids having high blood pressure, cholesterol issues and heart problems that I never acknowledged before. My husband and I have recently decided to try and live a better life by making even healthier foods than we normally do and exposing ourselves to meals where we can control how much salt or oil goes into food. It does take a lot more dedication and work but by slowly making changes, we see such a difference in us in just a few weeks.
I recently made a low sodium quinoa black bean burger from scracth for dinner and even my 3 year old son loved it. It was so easy and you can prepare a bunch of patties and freeze them! A much better choice than using frozen veggie patties..just look a the amount of sodium in 1 frozen veggie burger and you will definitely want to make your own.
- 1can black beans with no salt added
- 2 tablespoons red quinoa
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 minced red bell peper
- 1/4 minced onion
- 2 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons Habanero Tabasco sauce
- 1 egg
- Grapseed oil cooking spray
- Cook the quinoa according to the instructions
- Mash the beans in a bowl until they are pasty
- Mix in the onions, red bell peppers, quinoa, garlic, cumin, salt, Tabasco sauce, eggs and breadcrumbs
- Make the mixture into 3 patties
- Spray the grapeseed oil cooking spray in a pan and cook the patties for approximately 4-5 minutes on each side
- Serve with your favorite toppings