No products in the cart.
recipe: simple summertime smoothie
The other day my sweet mother-in-law was cruising down the aisles of the normal congestion of Costco when she stumbled into a demo of the wonder blender – the Vitamix. She was so excited when she got home to tell me about the awesome demo she had just witnessed and was even more thrilled to have me taste test one of the recipes she actually tried. She guestimated the proportions of each ingredient in this smoothie and let’s just say she got it right.
Look at her with a nice glass of smoothie, isn’t she just adorable.
Back to the smoothie. Let’s see…it was refreshing, light, not too sweet with just the right balance of tanginess, perfect for this season especially. With tropical pineapples being at their prime right now, you can get really good ones to use for this recipe.
So onto the recipe. There are only five ingredients – spinach, orange, pineapple, lime, organic agave nectar plus some ice. We used our Breville blender and it worked out just fne. So simple, so delicious and so good for you too. Try it out during this long weekend and let me know what you think. I’m thinking you’re gonna love it.
- 1 cup washed baby spinach
- 1 orange – peeled and sliced
- 2 slices of fresh pineapple cut into pieces
- 1/2 lime peeled
- 1 tablespoon of organic agave nectar
- 1 1/2 cup ice
- Blend all ingredients on the smoothie setting (if your blender has it) otherwise, just on blend/liquefy until everything is incorporated and blended well.
- Pour into a glass
- Remember, you can add more agave to make sweeter. And more water if you want it more liquidy.