No products in the cart.
top five reasons and uses for chia seeds
Here are 5 amazing reasons why to incorporate chia seeds into your every day:
1. They are naturally gluten/grain free.
2. Just one tablespoon of chia seeds has more calcium than a glass of milk.
3. The same tablespoon has more Omega-3’s than fish.
4. They are rich in antioxidants.
5. They are great for giving energy and preventing dehydration during exercise.
And here are 5 easy ways to incorporate this super food into your daily life:
1. Use it as an egg substitute in baking:
Use 1 tablespoon finely ground chia seeds and 3 tablespoons of water per egg, (you can grind them dry in a blender or coffee grinder) for a baking recipe.
2. Add it to a healthy smoothie recipe.
3. Use it as a breading in recipes instead of breadcrumbs for a much healthier, crunchy alternative.
4. Have your kids make their own chia pet in a plant pot! It becomes a fun, low-budget activity about gardening for them:)
5. Trying to lose weight or control appetite? Chia seeds keep you nice and full so adding them to cereals or granola in the morning will keep you full for longer and avoid snacking on carbs or things you are trying to stay clear of!
So how perfect are these little seeds? Well, there’s one thing the dentist in me has to point out- they do get stuck in your teeth if you chew them plain, so keep some floss handy if you do 😉 But other than that, now you know why this chai momma totally loves her chia seeds. Let me know if you try them or have your own great use of them!