No products in the cart.
momma on the run 24/7 how to de-stress your life…
Lately, I have been feeling like a mom who is running 100 miles per hour, 24/7! And I have noticed that when I am stressed, my whole family is stressed! I have 3 kids that range in age from 5 years old to 5 months old, and also must complete all of my duties as a homemaker! On top of that, I feel like I have to “handle everything.” This is because I have a difficult time delegating things. I feel that by the time I explain what needs to be done, I can get it done myself! Now, I have come to realize that this is adding additional stress for myself and in turn my family!…. So what do I DO??
It took me ages to find an effective solution to this problem. It was all I could think about at times, which wasn’t good as I had jobs that I needed to finish. My friend even recommended to me that I should use something similar to these cannabis coupons to buy forms of cannabis that would help me to feel a bit more relaxed about these stressful situations. At first, I thought this meant I had to smoke cannabis (which I was unsure on) but it turns out you don’t have to, as there are things like full spectrum hemp oil extract which you can try instead. However, I wanted to find a more natural way to cope with my stress and so I finally came up with this idea.
I have put a lot of thought into this and I have come to a resolution that works best for me. And who knows it may work for you as well! Take a look at my De-stress list, and maybe your life won’t seem so crazy, busy after all!
- LET GO…. You got to let it go! Is it a big deal that the dishes are not done, while you have your little one screaming her lungs off cause she wants to go to bed! My husband and I have learned to wait to do the dishes and clean up after we have the kids down for bed. We tag team the bedtime routine. He helps the older two with pj’s, brushing teeth and a bedtime story, while I put my younger one to sleep.
- DELEGATE! DELEGATE!…. I know it’s hard, but when you have a lot on your plate you cannot always be SUPER MOM. Delegate things and speak your mind, because as my husband always tells me “People cannot read your mind.” It’s true! How does your loved one know you need help or that you are stressed out? To you it may be obvious, but to others it is not. If you need a hand, SAY IT! That’s the only way someone will know!
- FEELING LIKE YOU ARE ON THE GO ALL THE TIME! Lately, I feel like the minute I leave my home at 8:20am, I am non-stop on the go until about 3:15pm(sometimes till 5pm if the kids have martial arts or an extracurricular activity). A good thing to do is take turns with your partner. One day he does the drop offs, grocery shopping, pick up’s, and so on so forth and one day you do it! This will help ensure your are not pooped by the end of every day.
- HAVE A MOMMY MOMENT! Chai Mommas are ALL about this! I sometimes forget to do this especially when I feel like I have a million things to do. Take a moment! Even if this means just sitting down for a minute on the sofa, watching an episode of your favorite show, or meeting up with a friend for some coffee. Neesha (A Chai Mommas member) and I try to do this every Friday. This gives us a chance to catch up on life and have adult time!
- PLAN OUT YOUR WEEK OR DAY! I used to be that person who had a list running in my head, and by the end of the day I would realize how much stuff I had forgotten. Use a calendar. My husband, mommy helper, and I share a calendar so we all are on the same page. We love Google calendar because you can share it amongst multiple people, and it color codes all the different events. Plan out your week ahead of time, and less things will be forgotten.
- PRIORITIZE! Learn to prioritize what is most important to you. Chores, washing your car, and organizing are not as important as spending time with your family, or spending one on one time with your children. I have realized that the chores, or the to do list on my calendar can be done later. I try to spend one on one time with my kiddos for at least an hour a day. This can be anything from just hanging out and being goofy, to making puzzles, reading books or going outside for a walk! Chores can always be done later.
- DO PREPPING THE NIGHT BEFORE!! Prepping things like lunch boxes, clothes, caps, jackets, snacks and books the night before makes my life in the morning much easier! And additionally, also helps me better prepare my shopping list for the week. The night before I always take the lunch boxes out, and put in my kids snacks and non- refrigerated items. Then the next morning, all I have to do is make sandwiches or pack leftovers. I also, take my kids clothes out for school the night before so it’s not chaotic in the mornings. I leave the backpacks, books, and anything else that needs to be returned to school on my kitchen island so we do not forget it.
- TAKE CARE OF YOUR HEALTH! I know with the stress and chaos of life this is sometimes hard to do, but this is a MUST. Go to the gym, take a yoga or swim class, or walk around your neighborhood to get some fresh air. De-stressing yourself with exercising and eating healthy makes a big difference. I try to go to the gym right after I drop my kids off at school. That is my time to get energy and feel healthy.
- YOU NEED POSITIVE IN YOUR LIFE, NOT NEGATIVE! If there are people, work, or activities that are bringing you down, try to figure out what they are and if possible, let it go. You do not need things to slow you down, especially negative things! You have more important things to worry about!
- STAY FOCUSED! This one kind of ties the whole list together, but staying focused makes your more functional than a complete scatterbrain! I sometimes get so overwhelmed because I have soooo much going on. Now I know that I need to focus on the main things, and what is more important. For example, on the weekends we always have birthday parties or some kind of event going on. I am always trying to be on routine, getting the kids down for nap, fed, ready, so on and so forth. At end of the day I have to say to myself, “is the world going to collapse if we do not attend the birthday party or event? ” NO!!” Sometimes it’s not worth all the extra stress! It’s ok to miss an event or social gathering once in a while, because then you can relax and enjoy your family time by staying home!
I hope this list comes in handy. I even printed this out and stuck it on my refrigerator, as a reminder that I have to slow down and relax. I know Momma’s, we are always on the run, but take a step back and think about what is more important. Prioritize and take it step by step.
Pingback: 9 ways to remove negativity in your family life | Chai Mommas