No products in the cart.
10 halloween safety tips
Fun costumes, candy, trick or treating and ghosts and goblins! Halloween is one of our kids favorite holidays and Chaimommas wanted to share some tips to help make sure these festivities are fun and safe for all our little trick or treaters out there.
- Make sure any accessories such as knives, shields and swords are soft and flexible.
- If you use makeup on your child, test it out in a small area to make sure they don’t get an allergic reaction.
- Make sure the costume fits them properly. You don’t want them tripping in the dark.
- Make sure you keep a flashlight with you just in case it gets too dark.
- Walk on sidewalks only and don’t run from house to house.
- Put reflector tape or glow sticks on your child’s costume or buckets so that drivers can see them.
- Try to avoid any dark houses, make sure they are well lit before walking up to the house.
- Walk in groups, do not go trick or treating by yourself.
- Look through ALL your child’s candy before they eat it. Look for open candy or anything that looks like it has been tampered with.
- Put a nametag with a phone number on your child’s costume.