DIY snow globes for the holidays
Tis the season to be jolly…. What are your traditions for the holiday gatherings? Usually every year we try to have some kind of arts and crafts for the kiddos at our family holiday gathering. So this year I thought why not make our own snow globes since I have a lot of baby jars saved from my 7 month old. Check out todays post on how to make your snow globe for the holidays!!! 🙂
What you will need:
- small glass jar (baby food jars are perfect)
- a plastic figurine
- glycerin (optional: while it’s not necessary, it makes the glitter float better) or even baby oil
- glitter or confetti
- glue (we used a hot glue gun ,or superglue works as well)
- Decide on what type of figurine you want to use for your snow globe (I used Sesame Street ornaments that I had)
- Glue your figurine in the center of the jars lid
- Fill your jar with water and a few drops of glycerin or baby oil. Then add about 1-2 teaspoons of glitter or confetti
- Before screwing the lid on the jar, run some glue around the inner side of the lid so it holds the lid on tight to prevent any leakage.
Hope you and your family enjoy this easy snow globe making, because we sure did! Share your thoughts on any other ideas you have for any other creative arts and crafts you have for the holidays!