No products in the cart.
easy family vegetarian lasagna recipe
My family loves Italian food! On the days I cannot decide what to make for dinner, this is my go to meal for my family! It is such an easy and healthy dish. A friend of mine made this when we went to her home for dinner and everyone loved it. I got the recipe from her but added a few twists of my own. It’s healthy and everyone in the family will enjoy it, what else can you ask for!
- 1 box of whole wheat or regular lasagna noodles
- 2 cups of diced onions
- 1 cup of diced bell peppers (I use red, yellow and green bell peppers)
- dicd mushrooms
- An other vegetables you may want to add
- 1 small eggplant diced
- 1 tbsp of garlic minced
- 1 tbsp of ginger minced
- 1 tbsp of grape seed oil
- 1-2 bottles of organic pasta or marinara sauce
- 1 can or organic baked beans (optional)
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese
- 1 small can of olives for garnish or fresh diced bell peppers (optional)
- Boil noodles accordingly to directions on the box, do not over cook the noodles keep it al dente.
- Pour grape seed oil into a media size pot, let it heat up. Add garlic and ginger and sauté for about 1-2 minutes do not burn it. Then add all the vegetables: onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, and eggplant sauté the vegetable for about 8-10 minutes. Make sure the vegetables get nice and soft.
- The add the pasta sauce to the sauté of vegetables. Let it simmer on low heat.
- Meanwhile in a lasagna dish start pouring your sauce on the bottom, then layer the lasagna with cheese and baked beans (MAKE SURE TO LAYER THE BAKED BEANS EVERY OTHER LAYER OR THE LASAGNA WILL GET TOO FILLING).
- Garnish the layered lasagna with cheese and olives.
- p.s you can also add any kind of ground meat to the sauce to make a meat sauce for the lasagna.
Hope you and your family enjoy this delicious recipe because our family sure does! I would love to see what other recipes you may have for your family.. 🙂