No products in the cart.
recipe: tomato, potato and peas curry
There are nights where my family and I crave homemade Indian food. My children love home made indian food so we make it at least 2 to 3 times a week. I know that when they eat any kind of Indian food, they are satisfied and have a happy belly and so does mommy and daddy. Here is a simple recipe that you can make with things you have on hand and in your pressure cooker if you have one. You can make this recipe in variations and to your taste! Enjoy because my family and I really do!
*You can use organic products as well
- 5-6 Roma tomatoes or 2-3 large tomatoes diced
- 1 medium size potato diced
- 1 cup of peas fresh or frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon of grape seed oil
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1-2 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 1-2 teaspoon of red chili powder or fresh serrano peppers minced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1-2 teaspoon of raw sugar (optional)
- 1-2 teaspoon of turmeric
- chopped cilantro for garnish
- In a pressure cooker or pot heat oil on medium heat. Add, garlic and sauté till garlic is roasted not burnt. Then add diced potatoes and let it cook for about 5-8 minutes. Add, the rest of the ingredients: tomatoes. peas, coriander, red chili powder or fresh chili, turmeric, salt and raw sugar.
- If cooking in a pressure cooker add about 1/4 cup of water and close the lid tight and have it whistle about 3-4 times and garnish with chopped cilantro. If cooking in a pot, add all the ingredients and let it simmer on low heat till potatoes are cooked and tomatoes are cooked. If it get’s too dry add a little bit of water and simmer. Add more ingredients to your taste!
- Serve with roti, naan and papadum 🙂
Hope you like this yummy Indian food! Please share any recipes you have that I can add to my weekly menu, would love to add new recipe’s to our list! 🙂