No products in the cart.
appetizer: cilantro chutney pinwheels
So 4th of July is right around the corner and this has been a “hit” at our get together’s or bbq’s we have every year! It’s a great simple recipe to make for the whole gang including children! You can substitute this recipe to your taste, you can add different ingredients to it if you like! Hope you enjoy it as much as we all do!
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro washed and chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 sereno chili minced
- 1 drop of fresh squeeze lemon juice
- <span class=”mceItemHidden” data-mce-bogus=”1″>1 oz container or box of <span class=”hiddenSpellError” pre=”of ” data-mce-bogus=”1″>neufchâtel</span> cheese or cream cheese softened</span>
- <span class=”mceItemHidden” data-mce-bogus=”1″>1 pack of whole wheat or <span class=”hiddenSpellError” pre=”or ” data-mce-bogus=”1″>multi-grain</span> flour tortillas</span>
- 1 can of chopped olives drained
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese (optional)
- First make your chutney before you start on anything else.
- <span class=”mceItemHidden” data-mce-bogus=”1″>In a blender pulse the cilantro, garlic, and Serrano chili peppers and add the drop of lemon juice and 1/2 of the cream cheese or <span class=”hiddenSpellError” pre=”or ” data-mce-bogus=”1″>neufchâtel</span> cheese and mix well till all blended together.</span>
- Pre-heat oven to 350. Meanwhile, in a frying pan warm tortillas till cooked (make sure not to harden it) I usually do them one by one, but if you do not have time you can cook all the tortillas and then keep in an air tight container so they stay soft.
- <span class=”mceItemHidden” data-mce-bogus=”1″>Lay the tortilla on a cutting board and spread the cheese and chutney mixture evenly on the tortilla, then add diced onions, and olives. At this point you can pretty much add anything. You can add, shredded chicken, bell peppers, sliced turkey, you name it! This recipe is so good, that pretty much anything in it will taste good! Then roll up the tortilla as tight as possible and cut with a sharp knife in about 1.5-2 inches in width (pinwheel shape) and place in <span class=”hiddenGrammarError” pre=”in ” data-mce-bogus=”1″>a overn safe</span> tray and bake for about 8-10 minutes till the cheese is melted and serve on a platter.</span>
Hope you enjoy your get together’s with this recipe as much as we all do! Thank to my sister-in-law Nisha for introducing me to this recipe! Would love to hear how it turns out for you, so do not be shy to comment 😉
Hey the recipe looks yum just one question if I prepare these rolls 2-3 hrs in advance n bake them before serving will it turn soggy ?