No products in the cart.
egg muffins: healthy recipe on-the-go for the whole family
I don’t know about you, but I hardly have time in the morning to mess with anything difficult for breakfast especially on weekdays. At work one day, one of my co-workers warmed something up that smelled amazing. I asked her what it was and she said “egg muffins”. I have never heard of these egg muffins before so of course I was interested in knowing how to make them especially after she used the word “easy”. I mean who doesn’t like an easy recipe that is also a make-ahead recipe? She told me the recipe but I deviated from what she told me to add a little bit of my own touch. So if you need something that is easy for breakfast or even pre/post-workout food idea, this is a must you should try. Just ask chai-momma Neesha and her husband.
- 8 total large organic brown eggs
- 1 cup of cut veggies of choice (i.e. green, red, yellow, orange bell peppers, asparagus, spinach, etc)
- ¼ cup of cheese (optional)
- 2-3 jalapenos (optional)
- ½ cup of turkey meat (optional)
- chia or flax seeds (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, whisk 4 eggs and 4 egg whites. Add the veggies, cheese, meat, jalapenos, salt, pepper and stir well to combine.
- Prepare muffin tin with non-stick baking spray or line muffin tins with paper baking cups for easier removal
- Pour egg mixture into each muffin tin about ½ way or evenly.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until the insertion of a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven to let it cool.
- Enjoy either warm or let it completely cool and store in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days.