No products in the cart.
35 fun and free summer activities for kids
Summer is here and the kids are out of school. It can get a little challenging for parents to keep their kids busy with 3 months of no school. Camps are a good solution but are often very pricey. I wanted to get ahead of the game so I did some research on fun things I can do with my kids. We are traveling for part of the summer but I want to be able to keep them entertained while we are at home. Here is a list of budget friendly ideas to help keep a little sanity in your household this summer.
- Set up play dates with your kids’ friends. Make sure you alternate the location so you can have a break too.
- Go to the beach. You can even have a summer goal to collect sea shells for a fun end of the summer project.
- Make a fort out of cardboard boxes or even blankets (my kids use chip clips to hold the blankets). This is fun and helps fuel your child’s creative side.
- Go visit a local famers market. Let your children help you pick out some fresh fruit and veggies. This helps teach them about clean and healthy eating.
- Have a backyard campfire. Use the grill to BBQ and use the fire pit to make smore’s.
- Go for a family walk around your neighborhood.
- Help your kids set up a lemonade stand. You can have them donate the money they make to a charity of their choice.
- Have a water balloon fight.
- Have a pool day. If you don’t have a pool a lot of times there are some public ones located right in your community.
- Plant a garden.
- Visit a museum you have never been to.
- Be a tourist for the day. Just because you live here doesn’t mean you can get out and explore.
- Go fossil hunting near a lake.
- Get a hummingbird feeder and have your kids write a journal about the birds that visit.
- Make your own birdhouse.
- Make a sidewalk mural. This can be a project for all of the neighborhood kids to work on together.
- Have a block party.
- Make jewelry.
- Go on a staycation.
- Visit an amusement park or a water park.
- Have a pizza party. You can make your own pizzas with different toppings.
- Visit an animal shelter.
- Have a movie night at home.
- Go to an outdoor festival or carnival.
- Watch a movie in the park (many local parks have this for free).
- Have an arts and crafts day (you can get many ideas on pintrest).
- Camp out in the backyard with sleeping bags and a tent for the night.
- Go to a ball game.
- Have a family game night with board games or games your kids make up.
- Have a talent night where each person performs a dance, skit, etc. Have fun and get creative.
- Go to a free workshop at Home Depot, Lowe’s, or Pottery Barn.
- Go try a new type of cuisine.
- Have a cooking day, where each person in the family can make an item.
- Have a game day and set up and obstacle in your front or backyard and have the neighbored kids go through it!
- Have a lazy day and hang out in your Pj’s.
Enjoy your summer and quality time with your kids. We are looking forward to hanging out as a family and crossing some of these activities off our list!
Leave a Reply