No products in the cart.
Taco Salad Recipe
Taco Tuesday just got better! And, healthier too! Skip the taco shell for a make-ahead chicken taco salad that is so delicious – you will want to make this taco salad recipe for dinner every night.
I had the please of testing out this recipe on a great friend and a Chai Mommas…I gotta say…it was the BEST Taco Tuesday ever! We turned it into a play date/Tuesday fiesta with taco salad as the main event. For dessert, we topped it off with chocolate covered strawberries covered in coconut. Y-U-M-M-Y! The moms are kids were pumped.
Check out this super easy taco salad recipe with a home made dressing.
- For Chicken Salad:
- 1 ½ pounds of organic chicken breasts
- 1 package of taco seasoning, oil and water
- 1 head of organic romaine lettuce
- ½ of an organic cabbage
- 1 large organic cucumber
- 1 container of organic cherry tomatoes
- ½ organic red onion
- Fresh cilantro to taste
- For Black Bean Salad
- 1 can of organic black beans
- 1 cup of organic frozen corn, thawed
- 1 lime
- ¼ cup of fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon of organic extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For Dressing
- 1 package of Good Seasons Zesty Italian salad dressing mix
- ½ cup of organic extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup of organic red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp. water
- 2 tbsp. of your favorite salsa
- Organic shredded cheese
- Avocado or guacamole
- Sour cream
- Marinate the chicken breasts in the taco seasoning. Follow the direction on the seasoning packet. Marinate for 30 minutes or longer.
- Once the chicken has been marinated, grill the chicken breasts for 4-5 minutes on each side until browned and cooked through the middle.
- Set the chicken aside to cool.
- Once cooled down, chop the chicken up into small pieces and place in the fridge in a bowl.
- Chop the lettuce and cabbage.
- Slice the cucumber and onion.
- Place the salad fixings in a salad bowl and top with cilantro and cherry tomatoes.
- Cover the salad and place it in the fridge.
- Now it’s time to make the bean salad.
- Drain and rinse the black beans and place them in a bowl.
- Add the corn and juice from 1 lime.
- Mix in cilantro, oil, salt and pepper.
- Cover overnight to give the flavors time to meld together.
- For the dressing, mix all of the ingredients together, shake and place in the fridge.
- Wait 1 day.
- When it’s time for your guests to arrive, break out the salad, chicken, black bean salad, dressing and sides.
Happy Taco Salad Tuesday salad to us! I can’t wait for our next Tuesday play date and culinary adventure!
Leave a Reply