No products in the cart.
recipe: tofu lettuce wraps
Tofu lettuce wraps are the way to go for a light yet satisfying meal on a warm spring/summer night. Although I can have it any night…so so good! This recipe is sort of my take on the PF Chang’s version that I first had many, many years ago now. That was my first experience with this dish and although I have had it at many other restaurants, I love making it at home the most. I can control the ingredients, the salt, the spice and make it just the way I love.
You can literally pull this together in less than fifteen minutes if you have all the ingredients. Honestly, even if you just have the lettuce and tofu with sauce, it’s so good. The key is to get the baked seasoned tofu – I get mine at Trader Joe’s. So let me know what you think or if you have a tofu lettuce wrap recipe that you love. I am always looking for more variations to this dish.
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1 (8-ounce) package baked tofu, sriracha, teriyaki or whatever style you like, diced into 1/4 inches cubes
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 soy sauce plus tablespoon or two sriracha, mixed together for dipping
- 1 head butter lettuce
- lime wedges
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onions, zucchini and carrots and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in tofu, mint, green onions and water chestnuts.
- Add 3-4 tablespoons of soy sauce plus couple (or depending how spicy you like it) nice squirts of sriracha.
- Let it come together and heat up for about 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve tofu mixture wrapped with butter lettuce leaves.
- Squeeze lime wedges on top and spoon on top soy sauce and sriracha.
Leave a Reply