With the new year we begin to fill our heads with tons of resolutions to be better moms. We promise ourselves to spend more time with our kids, feed them healthier, work less hours etc. I think those are great and we should all try to make ourselves better, but I just wanted to remind all the moms out there that if you don’t reach your “mommy goals” IT’S OK because everyday is different when it comes to raising kids and you just kinda gotta go with the flow. The important thing is that we don’t judge each other when we see it happening. Remind yourself that parenting is one of the hardest yet rewarding jobs there is and judging will not do anything but hurt people.
So to all my mommas out there just a little reminder
IT’S OK if you sometimes
- Pick your kid up late from daycare…shit happens!
- Feed your kids a frozen pizza for dinner
- Can’t get to that basket of laundry next to your bed for a few weeks
- Can’t make your kid’s field trip
- Need a break from your kids…we all do it…don’t be afraid to admit it
- Dress up in a shorter, tighter outfit…go for it…I bet you will rock it!
- Travel for work…your life is just as important as your kid’s life in this whole parenting thing
- Totally forget to turn in important school paperwork on time
- Are that mom that has the store bought dessert for the class party
- Forget to pack your kid’s lunch
- Go to work with a hella big stain on your clothes
- Have a moment with your girlfriends…and have a few extra drinks! I bet no matter what you will still get up the next day with your A game to get your kids out the door…that is called a “mommy power!”
This list could go on forever…but as you read this list remind yourself it is just part of parenting, there is no right or wrong and to those moms who do think their parenting is perfect…I bet you are not enjoying it as much as the rest of us who can turn back and laugh at our It’s OK list 🙂