Go Go Go! That is pretty much how all our days look like until it’s bed time. As my kids get older I am learning how important it is use technology to manage your family the best you can. I used to do post it notes and lists on paper, but I tend to forget them with the 20 other things I am carrying out the door. When you realize you forgot your list, you then become a mess, well at least I do. We have a google calendar to manage our activities, but I still feel like that is not enough. Here are 3 apps to organize your family that I have used and actually been working pretty well. These apps are not just managing the activities, but your family as a whole from their health, chores and activities.
This app will help you keep your entire family in the loop with what is going on. It includes a family calendar, To do lists, recipe box, family journal and widgets where you can customize your home screen. Here are some of my favorite features:
- The family calendar is color coded to each person and sets reminders or each event. It also can set up an agenda for you for the week that can be sent to any family member. So if you have grandparents, baby sitters, aunts or uncles helping out…they can be involved too.
- The shopping lists allows you to create lists the whole family can access. So if one of you remembers to get something, then you don’t have to worry about remembering to tell the other person.
- The To Do lists creates lists for adults and kids. You can include chores for the kids and anything from errands to activities to even things to prepare for school lunches.
- The recipe box is one of my favorites. It helps me plan my weekly meals and is in the same app as my grocery list.
- The family journal let’s you take quick pictures and memories while on the go. It’s nice to see a fun picture pop up on the app while you are working off your to do list.
So this one is specifically created for kids and it’s really engaging an rewarding. This is typically for kids 4 to 12 years told but they can earn points by completing chores and you get to choose the rewards based on your child.
This apps helps you track and manage your family medications. It also tracks your vitals and other lab test data over time so that you can monitor your progress. You can even manage the kids medications based on the doctor’s orders. This app has so many good features, here are some of my favorites:
- It keeps the medication log so if you ever have to go visit any other doctors, you have it right in front of you.
- You can schedule when a medicine dose is needed for not only yourself but anyone in your family.
- It organizes your health contacts in one place from doctors, pharmacies, insurance and anyone else you want to add.
- You can keep a journal for anyone in the family if they have a reaction or any other important information as they are on the medication.
- It holds pictures of any issues you may be having as well as documentation.