When I had Ayven and starting nursing I wrote everything down manually. When he ate last, when he peed, pood, bathed and so much more. In my state of craziness as a first time mom, I probably lost the paper where I wrote things down about 10 times a day. When my nanny started it became more of a mess because between work and first time mom syndrome, I would forget to write some feeds which meant there were times where my nanny had no idea when he fed last and I definitely did not remember.
With Jayve, my second son, I am across this app called baby connect and my life suddenly became some what organized. It’s an app that allows you to enter in pretty much everything you need to track with your little one. The best part is you can add any caregiver on there and they can add information that you as a parent see real time! It’s a comprehensive mobile app that helps you manage a baby’s routine. Also check out our review on two other great apps: two must have apps for new moms
Here are just some of the features I love about the app:
- Bottle Feeds
- Pumping (you can mark which side you fed on first also)
- Solid Food
- You can set phone numbers and automatically call from the app for any reason
- Take photos and share with friends/family
- Track their milestones/moods/activities
- Location Tracker – It tells you were the person inputting data is
- You can store all the child’s doctors visits information such as vaccines, height, weight, dates for appts etc
- It is fully integrated with Facebook and Twitter so you can send real time messages and updates
- A way to create lists for the caregiver to take care of during their work period
This app has really improved the communication between me, my husband and our nanny. With all the real time updates, I know exactly what is going on with my son at all times without calling my nanny 5 times a day. When my husband comes home from work, he can just look at it and see if Jayve is ready to eat, bathe or sleep. I would really recommend this for all families who have little ones!