This meal is a childhood favorite for me when I was growing up, and I think its going to be the same for my kids too….. This is a very easy meal, plus very healthy for kids to eat . My kids enjoy cheese enchiladas with the hidden veggies and there is nothing better than homemade enchiladas! test123
|Cheese Enchiladas with Hidden Veggies for Your Little Ones|
- 1 pack of corn tortillas (yellow or white corn) or whole wheat corn tortillas
- 2 cups or more of colby jack shredded cheese
- 1 can of La Victoria enchilada sauce
- 1 can of La Victoria green verde enchilada sauce
- Organic Veggies: red, green, yellow and orange bell peppers, onions, spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes (all diced very small)
- 1 can of sliced olives
- organic avocados diced
- Fat Free Sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350. Meanwhile warm the enchilada sauces separately in a medium size pot and let it bubble up on medium low. Wrap the corn tortillas in a paper bowl and microwave for about 25-30 seconds till softened. In a pie dish or any round dish put a spoon of the red sauce on the bottom of the plate and spread, then dip each corn tortilla into the sauce front and back, place the tortilla flat in the plate and add cheese, diced veggies and roll the tortilla when after each one is filled. (I make the enchiladas individually for each person in my family, but you are welcome to make it in a big casserole dish), After the tortilla are filled, then on 1/2 of the rolled tortillas pour the red enchilada sauce and then on the other 1/2 the green verde enchilada sauce. Add cheese on top, garnish with olives and leftover veggies.
- Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes or until cheese has melted and sauce it bubbling. Then serve with sour cream and diced avocados on top.
*The Great thing about this recipe is that you can make it to your taste, you can add more spice to the sauce or garlic or whatever ingredient you like. Also, the veggies are diced so small that your little ones won’t really notice it because when the veggies are baked they have a tendency of softening and blending with the sauce and cheese! Enjoy this delicious childhood recipe!!! 🙂