Besides all the things that bring us together about motherhood and culture…we all can say that we LOVE pecans. And this recipes takes the cake…er we mean pie 🙂
It’s easy and only requires 8 ingredients, something we strive to achieve when feeding our kids. Not necessarily for the ease for us mommas (while that is definitely a positive thing) but really for the home cookin’ good stuff they should be eating rather than all those preservatives store-bought items tend to carry. And it is always fun to be able to cook something together as a family.
Just in time for the holidays, bring this to your next get together and share its deliciousness with your family and friends.
- 3 eggs, beaten
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 cup karo syrup
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. vanilla essence
- ¼ stick butter
- 1 cup small sliced pecans
- 9 inch gram cracker pie shell
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F.
- After beating eggs, place in blender and blend then add sugar, butter, salt, karo syrup and blend again.
- Mix in the pecans and pour mixture into the pie shell.
- Bake for first 40 minutes on second rack then move to top rack for an additional 15 minutes or until top is brown.