So I love Asian food and I love cooking but for some reason Asian food has always been a challenge for me to get right. I have tried all types of recipes but it just wasn’t working for me. I didn’t want to give up though, Thai food is so yum and I know it’s not always the healthiest when you order it at a restaurant.
Soooo like everyone else who gets joy out of going to Trader Joes, I got my recycle shopping bags and headed over on a Saturday afternoon. I would like to state that my list only had 5 items on there…YEAH totally walked out with about 20. I was having a total Thai craving and I ran across the Trader Joes Thai Red Curry sauce. From my experience, many bottled sauces either lack flavor, are too watery and just don’t taste that well.
Not this one at Trader Joes! I hit jackpot 🙂
I literally put together this Red Thai Curry in 10 minutes and it can be used with tofu or chicken and vegetables. My kids loved it when I served it over rice for them and I served it over quinoa for my husband and I.
- 1 bottle of Trader Joes Red Thai Curry Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste
- 2 Chicken Breasts or a pack of tofu
- 2 strips of Lemon Grass
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated garlic
- Red Bell Pepper
- Cut Chicken/tofu into small pieces
- Cut Broccoli and Cauliflower into medium pieces
- Cut lemon grass into medium size pieces
- Slice ½ Red Bell Pepper
- Slice ½ onion
- Cut spinach in larger pieces
- Slice 5 mushrooms into pieces
- Add a small amount of coconut oil and cook chicken/tofu
- Add veggies and slightly cook
- Add ginger and garlic
- Add 1 bottle of Trader Red Thai Curry
- Add 2 Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste
- Cover and let summer for 10 minutes on low heat
- Top with Sriracha for the spicy eaters!