How many of you each day ask your family what they want for dinner tonight? I sure do, and at times its so hard to figure out what to make each night because I have a family that me and the kids eat meat and my husband is vegetarian. So pretty much every time I cook something I try to cook something that is good for all of us because I don’t want to get stuck making so many different deals!
So here is a great meal to make for your family that everyone will enjoy!
- 12 jumbo pasta shells
- 1-2 cups of fresh spinach chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of minced garlic
- 15oz ricotta cheese
- ½ cup of fresh parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp of fresh ground black pepper
- 24oz can of Marinera sauce(I used trader joes)
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese shredded
- fresh basil chopped for topping
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cook the pasta as directions on the box
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, chopped spinach, parmesan cheese, black pepper, garlic and egg and mix well and refrigerate till ready to use.
- Warm the marinera sauce in a saucepan and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and let it boil.
- Drain pasta, and in a casserole dish or 2 qt rectangular baking dish. On the bottom of the dish spread about 1 cup of the mariners sauce. Spoon the ricotta mixture amongst the pasta shells. Top off the rest of the sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and top with fresh basil.