You ever get that feeling of accomplishment when you find that 1 easy recipe that your whole family love and it’s healthy? I recently made these flax oatmeal banana power muffins and I can’t tell you how much both my kids and husband love them! It takes 10 minutes to make, they can be taken on the go and they are full of fiber and omega-3’s. My kids think it’s a treat and the best part, there is no flour or sugar! I know sounds to good to be true huh?
If we are running late in the morning, the kids take two for breakfast and it holds them over until snack time.
My favorite part? I make a batch on Sunday and they last the whole week! If you keep them in the fridge they last longer. Here is the recipe!
So one thing to note, I used bananas but you can use any fruit or even nuts you want. That’s the best part, add what you like 🙂
- 2.5 cups Raw organic oats
- 1 cup organic vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup organic honey
- 2 tbs ground flax seed
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 tsp organic vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Add the oats into the food processor and process until they are finely ground
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and process until it’s like cake batter
- Line the muffin pan or spray with cooking spray (I use a cupcake pan so it makes smaller muffins)
- Fill each muffin about 3/4 way
- Cook on 350 for 15 minutes