This ginger kombucha moscow mule is seriously the best way to enter into the new year. Over here, we love kombucha all the time. According to our friends over at WebMD, it helps with digestion, rids the body of toxins, and boosts energy and the immune system.
And what we’ve also learned is that it is the perfect mixer. We’ll never forget one sunny SoCal afternoon by the beach when we made up this concoction circa 2012 or so and we’ve never looked back. Kombucha is lower in sugar than most mixers including ginger beer, has the right amount of fizz, and tastes so good. This recipe is simple, tart and refreshing…sweet but not too sweet and a healthier drink option. If you’ve never tried kombucha then seriously make this your first time. Ginger is a great flavor to start with.
While we enjoy it all the time, this particular cocktail is such a delicious treat for New Years Eve….because umm bubbles! Can we all agree that no matter what, Dec 31st is a night to bring out the fizz + bubbles?!! Plus it’s so easy to pull together with just a few ingredients. Let us know what you think!
Cheers + big love!!
- Crushed ice
- 1.5 oz vodka or gin
- 4 oz ginger kombucha (Any brand but we love GT’s Gingerade, Health-Ade Organic Ginger Lemon and the Humm Ginger Juniper)
- 1/2 oz fresh lime juice (about 1/2 lime)
- Mint Leaves
- Lime or lemon slices for garnish
- Optional – muddle a few slices of jalapeno for a spicy kick!
- Fill a cocktail shaker three-quarters of the way with ice.
- Add lime juice, muddles mint leaves (jalapeno) + vodka/gin and shake until chilled, about 8 really good shakes.
- Strain into a copper mug (or any other glass) filled with crushed ice and top with ginger kombucha.
- Garnish with lime or lemon slices and fresh mint leaves.