We are so excited to introduce Instapottin with Poonam. She is a wife, mother of two and an AMAZING COOK! She is a Board Certified Nurse Practitioner with an extensive background in obesity prevention and treatment. You may remember her article she shared with us on Tips On Preventing Childhood Obesity. With a family and full time job she swears by the Instant Pot and creates kid approved, tasty and nutritious recipes, so we just love what she brings to the table.
Here is a little bit about Instapottin with Poonam:
“One day, my two friends, Dimple and Nicki, convinced me to start our very own YouTube channel. A space where we can share recipes, tips and tricks in hopes to educate and help build a foundation for healthy living, without spending all your free time in the kitchen. You may not see Dimple and Nicki in front of the camera but together, the three of us dedicate time to each video with research in our kitchen(s), filming, editing recipes, prep work, and so much more! We have an amazing Instapottin’ team.”
Follow her on on Instagram @instapottinpoonam
Follow her on Facebook @InstapottinwPoonam
All four of us at Chaimommas own an Instant Pot ourselves, so we know how handy it is for busy moms. That’s why we decided to share the ease of an instant Pot with one lucky winner! For your chance to win your own 6 Quart Instant Pot (and be able to make all of Poonam’s recipes) be sure to check out the details to enter below!
And if you are wondering what to make for dinner tonight, here’s the first of four Instant Pot Giveaway Recipes by Poonam exclusively for our blog. This Very Veggie Pasta Recipe is quick, easy, nutritious and family friendly. Enjoy!
- 1 12oz package of Wacky Mac Veggie Spirals Pasta
- 1 24oz jar of your favorite pasta sauce- I used Bertolli
- ¼ large onion diced
- 1 medium yellow squash chopped
- 1 roma tomato diced
- 1 large handful spinach chopped
- ½ medium bell pepper chopped
- 2 cups water/stock/broth- I used vegetable stock
- PRO TIP: Place your InstantPot under the vent hood
- InstantPot should be OFF
- To the pot, add pasta, cooking liquid(stock), pasta sauce and vegetables
- Stir well to incorporate all ingredients
- Close InstantPot lid to lock it
- Turn vent on the lid to CLOSE VENT to prevent steam from escaping
- Set pot to MANUAL mode
- Set to HIGH PRESSURE
- Set timer to 4 minutes
- Once done allow the steam to release naturally (NPR) for 5 minutes minimum
- Now manually release the steam by opening the vent. The silver prong will drop back into the lid. BE CAREFUL OF THE HOT STEAM
- Open the lid and gently stir the pasta
- Press CANCEL/OFF button on InstantPot to turn off
- Serve and enjoy your Very Veggie Pasta!
- Serve with a side salad or garlic bread for a complete meal or as is!
Use any variety of vegetables you may want.
If you are making this just for adults and want to spice it up, add crushed red pepper or even cayenne before pressure cooking.
You can use regular pasta if you cannot find the vegetable pasta.
VEGAN VARIATION: This dish is entirely vegan as long as you use a pasta sauce which is vegan!
NO ONION/NO GARLIC/JAIN VARIATION: Use the No onion/ No garlic variation of the Marinara Sauce or a pasta sauce without garlic and onions. Omit the onions from the vegetables. Use different colored bell peppers and other vegetables.