Happy Saturday…we hope you’re enjoying your weekend!
Today, we decided to each share our favorite maternity lines and a couple of fashion tips for all you mommas to be out there. As your body transforms during pregnancy, it can be challenging to figure out what to buy and where to shop. Never fear…we are here! We’ve been there and we know what works and what doesn’t. 😉
We want you to show off your cute bumps…so absolutely no frumps allowed!
Maternity clothing line of choice: Ann Taylor Loft Maternity
Why she loves it: “At affordable prices, you get nice quality clothes that can be either dressed up for work or dressed down when you go out for a laid back dinner, all the while giving mommas a classy look.”
• Baby doll cut dresses are great because they are fitted on top to show off that nice bust but are still flowy at the bottom…perfect for hiding those problem areas. 😉
• Long or maxi dresses can be form fitting at the top but are still super comfy giving you plenty of room to move around in.
Maternity clothing line of choice: H&M
Why she loves it: “The H&M MAMA line provides a bit of high fashion yet is totally comfortable and has incredibly affordable price tags. Name one momma who doesn’t love that!!”
• Don’t wear baggy clothes mommas! Embrace your bump and new curves and buy fitted styles. Bigger clothes just make you look bigger but clothes that fit will actually make you look slimmer.
• Invest in attractive flats and ditch those high heels while you’re pregnant. As you get bigger, your feet will most likely swell and this is no time to be unstable and fall. If you must, wedges should be your heels of choice.
Maternity clothing line of choice: Pea in a Pod
Why she loves it: “You can get stylish clothing that doesn’t look maternity, outfits for special occasions and they have designer jeans that can last you the whole pregnancy plus during the recovery phase. I didn’t really buy maternity clothes…just bought a dress, one pair of jeans and a few tops from here.”
• Go to a discount store like Marshalls or TJ Maxx and buy regular (not maternity) leggings, empire waist sweaters/shirts and stretchy, yoga clothes. It’s smarter to buy things that you can wear after if they don’t stretch out too much rather than having clothes you can potentially never wear again.
• Go with the layered look. Since your body temperature varies during pregnancy, it’s a good idea to layer. Plus wearing a jacket, cardigan or blazer unbuttoned, makes you look slimmer and you only need to invest in maternity/stretchy tank tops for underneath.
Maternity clothing lines of choice: Target & Old Navy
Why she loves them: “When I was pregnant with both of my kids, I bought my maternity clothes at Target and Old Navy. I liked these stores because I was able to find clothes like dressy and casual dresses as well as cute jeans and capris that were affordable and fit me well because I’m on the taller side.”
• Don’t forget to accessorize your look with earrings and necklaces. Both Target and Old Navy have a great selection of jewelry at terrific prices.
• Shopping at affordable stores like these means you won’t feel bad even if you only wear the clothes a few times plus you can always donate them to the Salvation Army or another organization, which is something you’ll feel really good about!