If you’re a momma, then the endless options for baby bottles, cups, utensils and dishes can get overwhelming. There are SO many choices and it’s SO confusing. At the beginning of this new year, I took on the small project to declutter the kids’ cups and dishes section. I have been wanting to trash all the plastic and go stainless steel for a while now. I’ve been growing my stainless collection plates and cups from India via my mom who sends us stuff annually. But I’ve also been looking for options to buy stateside…especially sippy cups. Because even though the kids love their stainless steel water bottles, they will not drink anything but water in them. Please tell me we aren’t alone in this! I’m like “just drink the milk in this bottle!”” and they are like, “NOOOOOO, only water in the water bottles!!!”
So recently, when I came across these stainless steel sippy cups by Housaavy on Amazon (which I shared on our insta stories on instagram…folllow us if you aren’t at thechaimommasblog) and read all the great reviews, I didn’t even blink and clicked that ‘add to cart’ button. So about the cups:
- High quality food grade 18/8 stainless steel
- Vacuum insulated double Wall design to Keep drinks hot or cold for hours
- BPA free, safe, solid, unbreakable, reusable and eco-friendly
- BPA free lids work great with cups and silicone straws
- Newly designed lids to fix shrinking problem
- Suggest hand washing and DO NOT use in microwave/freezer
- Colorful silicone straws soft, silicone and durable enough to resist tears
- 2 pack of 8.5 oz cups with straws
Why do we love them?
- Cleaning them is easy – I don’t use the dishwasher for them but again, super easy to clean. Three parts to these cups. Each comes apart and back together easily. In general, unlike plastic and glass, stainless steel is incredibly easy to clean and don’t require careful handling – another plus with kids!
- Stainless steel is resistant to stains, rust, and corrosion and anti-bacterial + non-toxic too.
- Another plus, the lid has a retractable straw area – so you can close the lid completely when there is no straw in it. Makes it nice to travel with but if you do travel, keep it in the shade because if in the sun, it could get hot!
- The option to remove the lid completely so the kids can practice drinking from a cup like big kids at the kitchen table.
- The 8.5 oz size is perfect portion of milk with meals, although the company does sell other options and bigger cup sizes.
- The straws are thick and sturdy too (only downfall is not getting to pick straw colors – we got pink and green and in a house of two boys, there was a fight over the green) and the cups are great for little hands…I even think I would have just skipped the traditional plastic sippy cups altogether when we were transitioning the boys if I had seen these first.)
- The price point is great for two cups – $15.99.
And the most important part is that they are stainless steel. There are so many issues surrounding the toxic chemicals that are found in plastic containers and aluminum bottles. And so more and more of us are opting to buy stainless steel products. Again, the natural composition of the stainless steel is non-toxic and it’s free from BPA, zinc, lead, phthalates and other toxic materials that are linked to health issues. Even though we still have our fair share of BPA free plastic ware in the house, I am on the mission to migrating towards stainless steel EVERYthing. These are definitely keeping me in that direction…now excuse me, I have to go add some more cups to my cart. You should do the same!