In the spirit of all things pumpkin during this holiday season, I want to share an easy pumpkin facial mask recipe that you can make at home. I promise!! This is the last pumpkin post of the year!! The inspiration for this was an article I recently read on where reality star Bethenny Frankel talks about the benefits of the pumpkin (click here to read more)….not just for your belly but for your face too.
- antioxidant rich fruit – full of beta-carotene
- full of vitamins A, C and E
- free radical neutralizer and has wrinkle-fighting properties
- great source of fiber, low in fat – help you keep weight off
- pumpkin seeds are known to reduce bad cholesterol
Convinced? Yep…me too.
Now onto the recipe:
- 1 cup organic canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon organic Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon organic honey
- 2 teaspoons turmeric (can find at Indian/Middle Eastern market)
- Combine all ingredients well in a bowl
- Change into a t-shirt you don't mind getting dirty and pull hair back
- Clean face first with your favorite cleanser
- Smooth mask onto face and neck with a brush or fingers
- Relax and enjoy mask for fifteen minutes
- Rinse off with warm water first
- Then rinse off with cold water
- Finally apply serum or moisturizer onto your cleansed face
We know why the pumpkin is so beneficial now, but what about the other ingredients?
- Yogurt – contains lactic acid which is a great exfoliator
- Honey – locks moisture in the skin, keeping it supple
- Turmeric – helps with hyper-pigmentation and acne spots
So after Thanksgiving dinner, don’t toss away that leftover canned pumpkin. Instead, make this mask and de-stress after the family’s long gone. You know you deserve it!