Trying to get pregnant can be a very stressful situation. Some women get pregnant on the first try, some take months, some take years, some have a miscarriage after getting pregnant. If you have had a miscarriage, check out The Grieving Process for My Miscarriage. I have been very fortunate to get pregnant within a short amount of time, but even with that my mind was going crazy of what to do to make sure I do everything in my power to get it right the first time.
After trying for a few months, trying to get pregnant just becomes an huge weight on your shoulders and adds a crazy amount of stress in your life. I was recommended by a friend to look into using pills to get pregnant to help increase the chances of getting pregnant quicker. You start envying people around you who do get pregnant, you start blaming yourself for things you are doing or you start questioning if there is something wrong with you or your spouse. On top of that your intimacy level with your partner basically disappears as your only goal is to get pregnant, you could also have a look into some infertility treatments. I wanted to share a few basic strategies for those of you trying or going to try soon.
- Start calculating ovulation dates at least 3 months before you start
- Especially for those that do not have a regular cycle, getting your days right when you start trying will save you so much stress
- Use an Ovulation Kit
- Start taking the test on Day 10 first thing in the morning (b/c the hormone that tests is highest in the morning) and continue to take until positive test. Then you will ovulate within 24-48 hours. You should should try with your partner the day of and day after a positive test.
- Do not be on top while being intimate with your partner …instead be on the bottom – gravity may help!
- Elevate yourself with a pillow underneath you
- Place a pillow underneath your lower back/bottom while being intimate with your partner
- After intercourse, hold your legs up in the air for about 10 minutes
- Don’t pee right after having intercourse
- Start your intercourse days 2 days before your ovulation week starts and do it every other day from then until 2 days after your ovulation day
- You may think you have your cycle down but even if you are off by a day you can miss your chance and have to wait a whole other month to try again
- Destress yourself in any way you can
- This is WAY easier than it sounds, I can fully admit that! Find ways that you can relax before you start trying, stress will really negatively impact your chances of success. Acupuncture has been proven to really help remove stress and increase the chance of pregnancy
- Moderate exercise is key. Try walking 30 minutes a day or an hour work out a few times a week. Remember, though, that sex is good exercise! And even if your partner has had enough from all the trying to get pregnant, you could get a real life sex doll to give him a break. Because is there better exercise than sex? I think not!
Good luck trying 🙂 Comment below if you have any other tips on getting pregnant!