It’s Christine, Chai Mommas Guest Blogger!!!
Its grill time; my favorite time of year! Check out this green marinade recipe to make your summer sizzle. I’ll quote my husband and let the green marinade take center stage. He said, “I could eat this every day!” So, let’s go green!
- ¾ cup of organic orange juice
- ¼ cup of organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 organic kiwi, peeled and chopped
- 1 large jalapeno, peeled and seeded
- 1 large handful of fresh cilantro
- 1 small handful of fresh Italian flat parsley (about half as much as the cilantro)
- 1 tsp. of salt
- • 2 pounds of organic boneless, skinless chicken breast or tofu
- • 1 organic onion
- • 1 organic red pepper
- • 1 organic green pepper
- • 1 cup of pineapple
- • Organic extra-virgin olive oil (to drizzle over top of the meat and vegetables)
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor
- Blend until the mixture is smooth and uniform
- Pour all of the marinade (except for ½ a cup) over meat, fish, tofu or vegetables (I chose chicken)
- While the chicken is marinating, chop the onion and peppers into bite-sized pieces.
- Cube the pineapple
- Place the onions, peppers and pineapple pieces onto kabobs
- Brush the vegetable and fruit kabobs with olive oil
- When the grill is hot, grill the kabobs and pieces of chicken for about 4-5 minutes on each side
- Check to make sure that the food is fully cooked
- Place on a serving platter and drizzle with the remaining ½ cup of green marinade
I hope that your family enjoys this recipe, as much as mine. The pop of pineapple flavor plays really nicely with the marinade and peppers. It tastes great served over brown rice.