Honestly, most of these questions don’t bother me too much. And I’m sure I’m guilty of asking many of them when I was clueless and sans kids. But I came up with ten that I’ve been asked during this pregnancy in particular which again are more funny at this point than annoying.
C’mon mommas…I know you can add to this list. Feel free to share below!
1. You probably have outgrown that shirt, huh?
Usually coming from someone who has no good reason like a growing baby in their belly to wear the shirt they’re wearing. Just saying.
2. Are you sure it’s not twins? Gosh, your belly is SO big.
Umm…whhhat? Really? Seriously?
3. Oh no you’re having another boy…didn’t you want a girl? Aren’t you sad? I’m kind of sad for you.
Nope…just happy and feeling super lucky to be a mom again. It’s kind of sad you’re even asking me this.
4. So this means you’re definitely going to try for a third?
Can I just get through number two first? Is a family not considered complete without at least one of each gender? Jeez.
5. This had to have been a surprise, right? Or was it planned?
Or are you crazy? Or is it ANY of your business? I mean, acquaintances have even asked me this. People I’ve only met like one time. I’m pretty much an open book but still I find it weird that random people ask me.
6. Aren’t you getting old?
Aren’t you getting annoying?
7. Your crazy, scary labor stories.
Sorry…that’s just too much information that I just don’t need to know. Period.
8. How much weight have you gained? I only gained like 10 pounds my entire pregnancy.
Oh like I am SO glad you asked! I cannot like wait to tell you! I just like LOVE thinking about all those pounds!
9. You shouldn’t name your kid this or that or this!
Umm…you shouldn’t name your kid this or that or this. I’ll name my kid exactly what I want, thanks very much. If you didn’t help make this baby then your opinion is unwanted. Thank you and don’t come again.
10. Are you tired? You look SO tired.
That’s because I am! Tired of all these questions! LOL.