Here’s the thing with salads and summer…they just go together. When I’m out for lunch in this strong SoCal sun, I usually skip the sandwich and soup bar and opt for the refreshing salad instead. It’s why we love this recipe by Thrive Cuisine for a quick vegan summer salad dressing base because it comes with easy variations to jive with what you are making. When the co-owner of Thrive Cuisine, foodie and nutrition researcher Joey Bruno, contacted us, we dig the message he said he is putting out in the world…which is making the vegan lifestyle easy!
We know that this recipe for a basic dressing will probably become your go to recipe during these hot summer days, as it’s so simple to make, quick, and delicious.
It’s important to note that this recipe is simply for the dressing base.
This dressing base is delicious to eat on its own, but really comes to life when you add your other favorite flavor profiles.
Here are some additions you can add to modify it.
- Your favorite bottled sweet chili sauce (or sriracha) for savory depth.
- Lemon juice to make it light and more refreshing.
- Your favorite bottled hot sauce for spice.
You can also experiment with your favorite juices, spices or other bottle sauces.
QUICK TIPS BEFORE STARTING
To make the process easier, you can simply throw all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. If you don’t have a blender, simply use a fork and/or a whisk in a mixing bowl.
If you’re unsure about all the ingredients on the list, simply ask your local grocer where these ingredients can be found.
Experiment with other variations other than what’s suggested. You can add your favorite spices or bottled sauces. The only limit is your imagination!
If you have beans left over, simply put them in a plastic container with a tight lid and freeze them. Remove from the freezer to thaw and use them the next time you make this dressing recipe.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 TBSP nut butter of choice (almond butter, soy butter or sun butter are all good)
- 1/2 cup white kidney beans
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- 1 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- First, peel your cloves of garlic, and put them in a garlic press.
- Press the garlic into a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Next, add 2 tablespoons of your nut butter.
- Put 1/2 a cup of white kidney on a plate, and mash with a fork, until the beans are completely smashed up, and add to the mixing bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon of agave, add 1 Tablespoon of Balsamic Vinegar, add 1/3 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add any additional sauces, juices or spices.
- Thoroughly mix all the ingredients in the mixing bowl or blender, until completely blended.
- Serve with your favorite salad.