Do you have those days where your about to leave your hubby or babysitter with the kids for a girls night out and you still have to prepare dinner, but have no time because you still have to get the kids from school, bathe them and then feed them and plus you still got to get ready for your night out! AHHHHHH! well here is a real easy taco soup that you and your family will enjoy and it’s very simple for your hubby or babysitter to put together. It’s also very hearty and delicious to have on these winter cold nights.
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey or ground soy meat
- 1 Large onion, diced
- 3-5 jalapenos, diced (habaneros, serranos, or whatever chills you prefer)OPTIONAL
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 packet of Ranch seasoning
- 1 bag of corn chips or tortilla chips
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can rotel
- 1 can sweet corn
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can green chillies
- 1 avocado diced
- ½ onion diced
- cheddar or jalapeño jack shredded cheese
- sour cream
- chopped cilantro
- Heat pan on medium. Turn crock-pot on high and line with crock-pot liner. Sauté ¾ of the onions for 4-5 minutes in a pan. Add turkey meat or soy meat till brown. Add ½ of fresh jalapeños/chilis and cook for about 2-3 minutes(Maybe this can be prepped before hand for your hubby or babysitter)
- Pour turkey or ground soy mixture into the crockpot.
- Add taco and ranch packets into the crock pot and all canned items, including the juices. DO NOT RINSE OR POUR OUT THE WATER FROM THE CANS.
- Simmer on high for about and hour or so and then turn setting to low.
- Top off the soup with diced onions, avocados, cheese, salsa, sour cream, fresh chili, chopped cilantro and crushed tortilla chips or corn chips when served.
Enjoy this yummy recipe on these cold winter nights!
Share any easy crock-pot recipes you have?