No products in the cart.
recipe: peanut butter and banana sushi
We recently went out to eat Sushi and I saw my son just amazed how the sushi rolls looked like a caterpillar. He was so intrigued, although not intrigued enough to try a roll. I don’t blame him, it took me 26 years to get the guts to eat sushi and now I love it 🙂 He kept on talking about how the caterpillar was so cool and he wanted to eat it so I decided to put my mommy hat on and create a recipe that he would enjoy eating something that looks like a caterpillar but also make it healthy. I thought to myself what are some common things kids love to eat? Bananas and peanut butter!
Using those ingredients I created a peanut butter and banana sushi roll and and it was a huge hit. The excitement to eat it on top of the yummy taste he could not get enough of it. I actually made this with another Chai Momma and we both decided it’s a great idea for adults too! It’s very simple that even your kids can make! I had two two year old kids and a four year old put the whole thing together!
Here is how I made them
- 1 whole grain tortilla
- 1 organic banana, peeled
- 2 tablespoons of all natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon all natural honey
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 dried cranberries
- 1 organic fruit strip
- 1 small piece of dark chocolate
- Heat up the tortilla on the stove so it is nice and soft, approx 3 minutes
- Spread peanut butter on the tortilla
- Drizzle honey on the tortilla
- Drizzle the Cinnamon on top of the peanut butter and honey
- Place the banana at the edge of the tortilla and roll it in the tortilla
- Cut the rolled banana into small pieces
- Place 2 dried cranberries on the front of the roll as the eyes
- Cut 2 thin stripps out of your fruit strip to make antennas and place them near the eyes
- Shred a small amount of dark chocolate on top
i just got a suggestion from my friend that sounded good…could switch up the peanut butter for nutella too!