Here comes the LAST recipe of our Instant Pot Giveaway with Instapottin with Poonam! A Tomato Basil Pesto Risotto recipe that only takes a few minutes to prepare and can be used as a side or even a main meal. Remember to do ALL 4 criteria in the giveaway to be eligible to win the pot.
If you want to learn a little bit more about Instapottin with Poonam and her amazing cooking skills, check out her intro our Very Veggie Pasta Post.
Follow her on on Instagram @instapottinpoonam
Follow her on Facebook @InstapottinwPoonam
All four of us at Chaimommas own an Instant Pot ourselves, so we know how handy it is for busy moms. That’s why we decided to share the ease of an instant Pot with one lucky winner! For your chance to win your own 6 Quart Instant Pot (and be able to make all of Poonam’s recipes) be sure to check out the details to enter below!
And if you are wondering what to make for dinner tonight, here’s the last Instant Pot Giveaway Recipes by Poonam exclusively for our blog. This Tomato Basil Pesto Risotto Recipe is quick, easy, nutritious and family friendly. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 ½ cups Arborio rice
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1 cup grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1 handful basil leaves or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- PRO TIP: Place InstantPot under your vent hood while cooking
- Turn on InstantPot to SAUTE mode
- Add oil and butter to pot
- Add onions and stir well
- Add arborio rice and allow to toast for 3-5 minutes or until fragrant
- Add vegetable stock
- Add pesto and salt and stir well
- Close the InstantPot lid
- Turn vent on the lid to CLOSE VENT to prevent steam from escaping
- Set pot to MANUAL mode
- Set to HIGH PRESSURE
- Set timer to 5 minutes for al dente or 7 mins for a softer risotto (recommended for kids)
- After timer goes off, Press CANCEL/OFF button on InstantPot to turn off
- Now manually release the steam by opening the vent. The silver prong will drop back into the lid. BE CAREFUL OF THE HOT STEAM
- Open the lid
- Add the tomatoes, basil and parmesan and gently fold these ingredients into the risotto
- At this point, the risotto is ready to serve
- Garnish with your favorite toppings such as extra parmesan or pesto
- Serve and enjoy!
- Serve as a side with your favorite soup and salad or as a main meal.
- Add grilled shrimp or chicken for a complete meal.
- You can add any variety of vegetables you like: peas, mushrooms, asparagus, etc.
- You can substitute the stock with broth or water but stock provides a deeper flavor.
- You can add black pepper or crushed red pepper for a kick
VEGETARIAN VARIATION: This dish is vegetarian.
VEGAN VARIATION: Omit the butter and use a vegan cheese.
- Instant Pot – http://amzn.to/2sWfmZO
- I recommend using different sealing rings when cooking sweet vs savory food: http://amzn.to/2tFsBlV
- My spoon rest: http://amzn.to/2vx7AFY