Hey Chaimomma followers…guess who is back with yet another AMAZING recipe guest post!??? Yup one of our favs..Christine O’Connor! Check out her awesome mango salsa recipe below:
Isn’t it always time to break out the chips and salsa?
Of all the salsas, mango salsa is my absolute favorite. It’s got the sweetness and the tang. This recipe is very refreshing on a hot day.
The sweet mango pairs nicely with the heat from the jalapeño. This recipe can be made-ahead or just minutes before the party.
- 2 large ripe mangos
- 1 jalapeño
- ½ of a red onion
- 1 lime
- 1 large handful of fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bag of your favorite tortilla chips
- Peel the mango and cut off as much as possible without cutting into the core.
- Dice the mango into very small chunks.
- Dice the jalapeño and red onion, as described above
- Place the chopped fruit and vegetables into a bowl and stir
- Add the juice from one squeezed lime
- Finely chop a handful of fresh cilantro
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on top
- Stir and chill in the refrigerator until it’s time to serve.