No products in the cart.
recipe: get your kids to love brussel sprouts!
Brussel sprouts totally have a bad rep! Recently my husband and I have fallen in love with them and I think that this lil recipe will be a big hit on your dinner table. We buy ours from our local farmer’s market every Sunday and make them at least once a week, because it is so easy and with a 4 month old, anything time consuming now is hard to prepare when I’m running between coming home from teaching a yoga class, to feeding her to pumping! I had always wondered what goes well with brussel sprouts but you can serve this on the side of so many dishes because the flavor is versatile and goes with a lot. I serve it over my favorite grain, spiced quinoa, but it would go great alongside chicken or fish, too.
Some amazing health benefits of brussel sprouts:
- high in fiber- helps lower cholesterol
- helps stabilize DNA in white blood cells
- high in antioxidants and vitamins
- contain omega-3 fatty acids and helps in inflammation
- cancer prevention
- good for hearth health
- aids in digestion
|balsamic glazed garlic brussel sprouts||
- 1 pound fresh brussel sprouts, rinsed and halved
- 6 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1-2 tsp. sea salt
- 1-2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- fresh grated parmesan cheese for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Rinse the brussel sprouts in cool water.
- Chop off the ends and then cut them in halves. Place them in a large bowl with the garlic slices.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, paprika and freshly ground black pepper.
- Drizzle most of it over the brussel sprouts. Leave about a quarter of the balsamic mixture, and then toss to combine.
- Spread the brussel sprouts and garlic slices out evenly over the baking sheet and roast in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until tender-crisp. Turn them over halfway through.
- Remove from oven, transfer to a serving dish, drizzle with the reserved balsamic mixture. Sprinkle with more salt and black pepper to taste.
- Garnish each serving on the plates with optional freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.