No products in the cart.
breakfast recipe: eggs in a shaped frame
In our household I try to change-up breakfast every morning as much as I can. I know my kids get bored with the same repetition breakfast everyday and so do we. A few days ago, I was thinking about what did my mom make for me when I was growing up for breakfast? I thought, hmm: oatmeal, scrambled eggs, cereal, yogurt and granola, fruit, and then I thought AH HA!!!! “Eggs in a shaped frame”…….. What is Eggs in a shaped frame?
So eggs in a shaped frame is a piece of bread, with a cut out shape (I use different cookie cutter shapes) in the middle with eggs in it! It is so delicious that while I’m writing this post I want to go make me some! I guarantee everyone in your family will enjoy it. There are various ways to make it and plus it is healthy!
p.s. a great recipe to make for Valentines’s day for your loved ones tomorrow 😉
- eggs or egg whites
- vegetables of any sort you prefer in your eggs, I used spinach, bell peppers, onions and tomatoes (organic is preferable)
- Any type of spread such as margarine or butter
- Whole wheat bread
- Cookie cutters or a round shaped glass
- You first lay your wheat bread on a flat surface and cut out the shape you want in the center of the bread. I used a heart shape cookie cutter, but you can also use a round shaped glass if you do not have cookie cutters.
- Then in a separate bowl add: an egg (I use 1 egg per a toast), and whatever vegetables you prefer in your eggs or you can just crack your egg in the center of the toast while it is on the frying pan and make sunny side up eggs or over hard where the yolk is cooked. It is your preference 🙂
- Place your frying pan on medium low heat, and wait till your frying pan heats up a little. Meanwhile, spread margarine or butter lightly on both sides of the whole wheat bread and place in the frying pan. I cook the bread on both sides for about 1 minute or so till it’s a little crispy. Then add the egg in the center of the bread (shape) and cook for about 2-3 minutes and then flip on the other side to cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- There you have it! Your eggs in a shaped frame! Enjoy 🙂