No products in the cart.
traveling with kids: 10 things to pack in their backpacks
It’s spring time and spring break is here for some of you and for some it has passed already but I know that it’s that time of the year to also plan out summer vacations as well! As my kids are getting older I feel that traveling has gotten smoother for us but on long flights they still need to be entertained. How much of technology can a child use for a long flight or watch TV? I have put together a list of items for all ages that you can pack in your child’s backpack, that you no longer have to worry about if they are going to get bored on their flight!
- Bago Lightweight Collapsible Backpack: This is a nice backpack to travel with because its lightweight, easy to fold up, washable, plus it can fit a lot of items and has many compartments.
- Alex Toys Artist Studio Desk To Go: A portable desk that fits nicely on your child’s lap or airplane tray table. Has different compartments where you can store flashcards, crayons, paper and many more. Has a cushion bottom where the desk stays in place
3.Mini by Fun On The Fly Set:This little set has all the fun in it! Its a nice little set because it has a little bit of everything such as markers, flashcards, stickers, a coloring book and a hands on lacing game.
4.ezDesk Travel Activity Kit: This kit is great for older kids. It has all the items a child can stay busy with such as crayons, coloring book, pencils, glue stick, construction paper, and paper to draw on. It’s compact and has many small compartments where you can add more items in.
5. Kids’s Travel Journal: This is such a neat little book for you child to keep track of their memories from their trip. It’s a journal where they can jot down things they see and add pictures. It also has a map where you can track where you have been. What a great way to build memories and have for a keepsake!
6. Funny Faces Reusable Sticker Tote: This sticker book can keep your little one busy for hours. The reusable stickers can be sticked over and over on these silly faces and gets your child creativity going!
7. Secret Spy Write and Wipe Game To Go: This game is great for kids who between the ages 7 and 10. It’s an undercover world of secrets and espionage – and great game to keep any detective busy for hours. The book has many mazes, codes, crossword puzzles and riddles.
8.Neck Pillow: Very comfortable pillow, easy to store or place in a backpack, machine washable, and comes in a variety of colors. Know your child will sleep comfortably on the plane ride.
9.Tegu Pocket Pouch Magnetic Wood Block: All 3 of my kids still love playing with these blocks when we travel. You can get them in all size and quantity. They are so easy to take along anywhere plus so compact that you can fit them anywhere in your bag or purse.
10. Brain Quest SMART Game Tin: This card game is so fun to play with friends siblings or parents when you are traveling. Great for older kids between the ages 6-13. It has questions relating to these subjects: science, math, art, reading and the world. The whole point is on who can answer these brainy questions first!
As much as my children have enjoyed these items when we travel I have a feeling yours will to! These items all are pretty compact and lite to travel with that its easy to pack up and go!