No products in the cart.
Self Care Tips For Your Mind And Body
Self-care is any activity an individual does for themselves in order to maintain good mental, physical and emotional wellbeing.
I firmly believe that self-care is the new healthcare. It encourages each one of my clients to indulge in some sort of self-care daily. It could be taking a few extra minutes in the shower, catching up with a friend on the phone, or curling up with some chocolate, lighting a candle and watching your favorite tv show at night.
As a holistic healthcare practitioner, I can ensure you that your health doesn’t just depend on what you’re eating. What you’re feeling and thinking are just as important. A fundamental of my practice is when you take care of your mental and emotional wellbeing, the physical falls into place.
Self-care to me is more than just face masks or taking a bubble bath, and it doesn’t have to break the bank. Here are my favourite self-care tips to fuel your mind and body this winter.
Self Care tips to fuel your mind and body
- Self love: We tend to bring ourselves down more than building ourselves up, and the mind-body connection is so powerful. What you tell your mind, the body hears, and vice versa. If you big yourself up you’ll feel powerful. If you compare your life to that of others you’ll tear yourself down, because we only tend to show the outside world the best parts of our life. So, rather than criticizing yourself for everything you aren’t, love yourself for everything you are.
- Practice mindfulness: Mindfulness is essentially just focusing on the present moment. My main takeaway from meditation and mindfulness practices is that I am able to disconnect from the noise around me. I can focus on what’s in front of me at that moment. This practice also helps me do quick, effective body scans to check in with myself- mentally, physically and emotionally.
- Learn to say no: Say no to the things that take up unnecessary time or mentally drain you. Those things that don’t encourage you to grow or don’t lift you up. Feeling overwhelmed isn’t going to make you more productive.
- Treat yourself – This could include taking time out to workout, getting your nails done, enjoying your favourite food, buying that pair of boots you’ve been eyeing or binge watching your favourite tv show for the millionth time- do the things that make you feel good.
- Turn your phone off- Use that time as an escape from the real world to journal, mediate, enjoy some alone time indulging in a hobby or just sit and sip on a herbal tea without distractions from the outside world.
- Ditch the mom guilt- A little time away from your little one doesn’t make you a bad person, and not looking after yourself doesn’t make you a better mother. On the contrary, tending to your own needs could possibly make you a healthier and happier mom.
When your plate is overflowing, don’t forget to check in with yourself. And remember, if you feel deprived in any way you are not winning.
Tanya Ganwani Varma hails from a family of entrepreneurs and believes business is in her DNA. After her move to London, England in 2018, Tanya was on a mission to start another business, this time something unrelated to the field of fashion retail. She followed her passion for wellness and got certified as an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach. She went on to establish her Holistic Health & Wellness business, The Method By Tanya. Tanya’s goal as a Holistic Health Coach is to empower women to become the best version of themselves from the inside out by healing their mind, body and soul through food & lifestyle choices. Tanya is an advocate of the concept that lifestyle is the best medicine and believes it’s never too early or too late to start working towards your goals! For a holistic view on health and wellness follow Tanya’s Instagram @themethodbytanya.