Superbowl Sunday is here and although I can’t say I am the biggest fan of football (sorry but not sorry, lol!), I do have some love for Superbowl food like these buffalo cauliflower wings. The first time I had these was at California Pizza Kitchen months ago and both my husband and I were addicted. While I love all things buffalo flavored, I never was into cauliflower so much.
Especially not cooked…that changed when buffalo cauliflower came into my world. At CPK, they serve the cauliflower with some thinly sliced celery and a really good blue cheese dressing. It’s a perfect combination of so many flavors that are so delicious. It’s filling but not overly.
Loved it so much that I just had to recreate it at home a few weeks ago – sorry, I don’t have pictures in this post since they were gobbled up so fast and I honestly wasn’t thinking about a recipe post. Anyways, I think they taste very close to the ones at CPK. What’s for sure is that these will be the hit of any super bowl party and your friends will definitely become fans, even the “I only eat chicken wings” lovers out there! Perfect Superbowl and party food in my opinion = these buffalo cauliflower wings…so easy to pull together, a fun finger food and so tasty. I served mine up with celery sticks and a blue cheese dressing I got from Trader Joe’s – it was devoured!!
Be sure to connect with us on Instgram at thechaimommasblog for pictures of the final buffalo cauliflower wings this weekend!!
- 2 medium cauliflower heads, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1.5 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- organic olive oil cooking spray
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⅓ cup buffalo hot sauce ( I used Frank's but use whatever you like, even Cholula!)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Spray a large cookie sheet with organic olive oil cooking spray, set aside
- In a large bowl whisk flour, water, garlic powder, salt and pepper together
- Add cauliflower pieces and toss to coat
- Spread evenly onto cookie sheet and bake for 15 or so minutes, flipping once around the midpoint of the time range
- Remove from the oven
- In a separate bowl stir melted butter and buffalo sauce together until mixed together
- Add in the baked cauliflower and toss to coat each piece evenly
- Spread the cauliflower onto cookie sheet forming a single, even layer
- Place back in the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until noticeably crispy, flipping pieces once
- Remove from oven and let the cauliflower sit for about 10 minutes
- Now it's time to eat! Just serve with blue cheese or ranch dressing plus celery.