And so here are they are. Last week, the girls let the guys in our all the things we get annoyed with about them. Click here to read the post if you missed it. And this week, as we promised…we let the guys have their turn. And man, they had a lot to say…we were surprised to say the least!
Here are their top twenty peeves with us.
We hope you enjoy reading them and the rest of your hopefully sunny Saturday! And don’t forget to share any pet peeves we left off by leaving a comment!
– Chai Mommas
20. Why am I being asked to wash dishes if you’re going to rewash what I just washed anyways?!
19. I love how at the dinner table she’ll say “don’t have another slice of pizza” or “no cheese on your pasta”, then 30 minutes after dinner…”Honey, can you get me some ice cream?!” What is that all about?
18. Seriously, is it really necessary to give my favorite clothes to Goodwill, without asking me? I think this is your way to buy more clothes.
17. You’re always leaving all the cabinets open! And your empty mugs of tea everywhere!
16. We need to have a better lifestyle – eat better, work out more. So a typical conversation goes something like this:
Me: Honey, I’m going to the gym after work.
Her: Really? I have a Chai Mommas’ meeting (code for you need to watch the little one)
Me: Ok, what about tomorrow?
Her: It’s girls night out, going to dinner.
Me: Ok, then this weekend sometime?
Her: We have plans, remember?!
15. Why do you put my shoes on the floor in front of the shoe cabinet instead of in the cabinet? I don’t get it.
14. Why is it that if I give you a compliment, you always assumes that I need something?
13. You always turn off the air in the car, even though we have dual climate zones and it’s 95 degrees outside. Can’t a man get some air?
12. Almost every day on the way home from work I’ll send a quick text or a call to my wife and ask her if she needs me to pick up anything. I ask her to send me a quick list. Often I’m told, “No, we don’t need anything”. What happens when I get home? “Oh did you pick up some milk?” “Did you get the dry cleaning?” “What about ice cream?” Of course I’m back to the grocery store 20 minutes later.
11. Is it really necessary to make the bed as SOON as we get up?
10. She has 5 pair of silver shoes that look exactly the same and yet she’ s searching online for her 6th pair. Do you really need SIX pairs of silver shoes?
9. When packages come to the house…the box is opened…the item is taken out…but the box remains at the front door.
8. It’s very annoying when you drive my car and when I’m leaving for work and already running late in the morning, I realize I have to stop and get gas. At least let me know the night before so I can plan accordingly. It’s ironic that you go crazy when your gas tank hits the half full mark.
7. I like how I have to listen to her but it’s OK for her not to listen to me. Can we say hypocrite?
6. Annoying how I can’t even use certain pots in the kitchen for what I want to cook. I’m not “allowed”.
5. Love how she leaves the key in the front door after she opens it and closes the door shut.
4. Can you please remind me again about why there are so many products in our shower?
3. When you tell us we can watch the game, we want to watch it in peace. We don’t want to watch the children at the same time. We don’t want to flip to the Real Housewives of Whatever during time-outs. We don’t want to make weekend plans or plan out the next 5 years. What we want is to watch the game. Period.
2. Is it really necessary for you to fold the laundry after I already did it? Or ask me to fold in a certain way?
And the number ONE pet peeve our men have with us…
1. Why are you doing Chai Mommas work in bed at 11pm while I’m trying to sleep? COME ON!