No products in the cart.
organic and healthy cereal chevda recipe (indian snack)
I always looking for a healthy snack for me and my family. A couple of weeks ago, my older sister-in-law came into town and was discussing with her about healthy snacks and she recommended this one to me. We ended up making it, and it was so DELICIOUS and TASTY! I love having it with my Chai in the mornings and the kids love eating it as a snack in the afternoons! If you like Indian food, you sure are going to enjoy this recipe……
Here is the simple and easy recipe for this yummy snack:
- Barbara’s shredded spoonfuls multigrain
- Barbara’s puffins (original)
- Quaker Puffed Rice- (6.4oz)
- Any store brand Corn Flakes
- Kashi Go Lean (Protein mix)
- Envirokidz Organic Gorilla Munch
- 1 can Planters Red Skin Spanish Peanuts (or 1 cup Indian Peanuts Toasted for lower calorie)
- 1 cup Toasted Almonds (cut in half round not long)
- ¾ cup Oil
- 3 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 2-3 tsp Red Chili Powder (to taste)
- 1 cup Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Mix all the cereals, peanuts, and almonds in a large bowl and set aside.
- In small saucepan heat oil, add mustard seeds (cover & wait
- until popping stops). Add turmeric and curry leaves (be careful when adding the curry leaves, keep the saucepan covered). Wait until curry leaves become slightly stiffened (crispy). Pour onto the cereal mix. Then add salt and red chili powder and toss.
- Divide the mixture into 2 large foil trays and place in preheated
- Oven for 40 mins. Swap trays (top & bottom) after 20 mins.
Share some recipes of your healthy snacks you have with your family?
Leave a Reply