No products in the cart.
recipe: one pot pasta dinner
School has started and the prepping of dinners on routine weeknights have started! I was looking for a recipe that was simple and easy for all of us to have! I have a mixture of eaters in my family. My husband is vegetarian and my son is part vegetarian and the girls and I pretty much eat everything. So when I saw this recipe, I thought this was the prefect recipe for my whole family!
- 4-5 cups of water
- 1 13.25 ounce box of whole wheat pasta or quinoa pasta
- 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 5-6 cloves of garlic
- 3-4 roma tomatoes chopped or 1 pint of grape tomatoes
- 1 handful of fresh basil, chopped
- 1 handful of fresh parsley chopped or 2 tablespoons of dry parsley
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoons of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- cooked chicken or turkey or sausage meat (optional)
- fresh parmesan cheese
- In a large pot, pour the water and all ingredients except the meat and parmesan cheese. Boil on high heat and submerge the pasta as it boils. Once all the ingredients come to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring and mixing continually with tongs so the pasta does not get smashed for 8-10 minutes or until the mixture has thickened and pasta is cooked. When serving top with the meats and parmesan cheese.
There you have an easy dinner to make tonight. It was so simple make. It made it easy because it was the usual ingredients I had in my pantry! Hope you find this dish tasty as we did!
Leave a Reply