Healthy Chickpea Salad Recipe
Last Sunday I was standing in front of our refrigerator trying to think of something I can make ahead to prep my lunches for the week. I usually do chicken and veggies but after a while that can get pretty boring. I am not a huge sandwich person and was over the basic salads.
So I literally pulled some stuff out of my refrigerator and started putting some ingredients together. I ended up making the yummiest chickpea salad. It’s easy, quick to put together and everything is fresh. It lasts up to about 4 days but after that it may start to get soggy.
Even the dressing is homemade!
Here is how to make the chickpea salad recipe:
- For the Salad:
- 2 cups organic chickpeas: you can use fresh or canned
- 1 cup halved yellow and red cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1 cucumber, seeded and chopped
- ½ cup sliced green olives
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- For the Dressing:
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- ¼ squeezed fresh lemon juice
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh clintro
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Chop or prep all ingredients and put them in a bowl.
- I throw the dressing in for the week but you can keep it on the side and add it when you eat it.