No products in the cart.
Spiced Chai Protein Pancakes
Here is a quick and easy recipe that’s perfect for chai lovers everywhere. I love my protein, especially on days that I am running around completing chores and errands. These chai-spiced pancakes are fluffy, light, and packed with protein. The cardamom, cinnamon, and cloves add a lot of flavor. I also topped these with toasted pecans and blackberries, but you can add any sort of berries. Enjoy them with agave nectar or your favorite maple syrup!
- 1 cup of Kodiak Cakes Protein Packed Buttermilk Flapjack & Waffle Mix
- 3/4 cup of Tazo Classic Latte Chai Black Tea Concentrate or The Chai Box Chai Concentrate
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cardamom
- 1 clove
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp pink salt
- Coconut oil spray
- 5-10 toasted pecans
- Powdered sugar or Elements Truffles Cinnamon Sugar for topping (optional)
- Agave nectar or maple syrup
- Combine pancake mix, chai concentrate, water, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla extract in a bowl
- Preheat skillet and use a coconut oil spray to grease the skillet
- Crush cardamom and clove. Add about 1/4 tsp of this spice mix to the pancake batter
- Mix batter thoroughly so there are no clumps
- Pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto the skillet for each pancake
- Cook on medium-low heat. Pancakes will be ready to be flipped once the outer edges are cooked and the bubbles have popped
- Toast pecans in another small pan. Sauté them until they are slightly brown. Don’t need to add oil
- Top with powdered sugar, fresh berries agave nectar, or maple syrup. Enjoy!!
Mounika Ganguly is a self-taught home chef and a Pediatric Psychiatry Fellow. She started her blog, @astoryofspices, to show that by making a few simple changes, your favorite Indian dishes can be made healthy, nutritious, all with the same great taste. She is also passionate about sharing wellness tips and spreading awareness on prioritizing self-care and mental health.